Of course, these projects have to get done while working around our regular weekend plans, which are:
• Soccer tournament for Beezus
• Babysitting gig for me (I’m in a babysitting co-op)
• Trip to Costco
• Trip to grocery store
And of course, we need to have some family time. At a minimum, we’ll all snuggle on the couch and watch a little tv together for some rest/down time in the afternoon and due to the time change it will be easy-peasy for everyone to make it to mass together at 8:30am. We don’t normally go to the grocery store together, but I find it hard to manage Costco by myself (we have a reasonably big list this time) so we’ll likely all go together for that.
All those things aside, here’s the project list:
• Re-hang bathroom cabinets. What a dreadful chore – our 1928 house seems to have NO studs in the bathroom and 1 cabinet fell down while we were gone last week and we figured we may as well beef up the other one while we’re at it. – Done. Took 3 hours.
• Keep living room/dining room/kitchen tidy (I currently have NO clutter in my living room/dining room/kitchen, and God as my witness it’s going to stay that way) – Done.
• Place new accessories in living room/dining room, switch out baskets on top of fridge – Done.
• Tidy up the “all purpose room” (guest bedroom, my office, playroom, library). Wash guest linens, organize and pack away. – Almost done.
• Pack away remaining pieces of girls summer clothes.
• Do 3 loads of laundry. Organize/put away all of girls clothes.
• Prep lunches/dinners for the week.
• Tidy up our bedroom. Unpack suitcase FROM LAST WEEK. I should be ashamed.
Okay, those are the things that MUST get done. Here’s what else I would like to accomplish:
• Rake front lawn.
• Pack away my summer clothes and unpack fall/winter clothes.
• Go over last week’s school work with Beezus.
Ready, set, go.
Saturday night update: I started this post Saturday morning, but didn’t finish it until Saturday night, so I went back and updated what we finished by Saturday evening and I’ll update it again Sunday evening.
|Cabinets. Mission accomplished. It may not look like it, |
but I swear there's not a stud on that entire wall !